Thursday, February 18, 2010

4 Months From Today...

... I will be boarding an airplane and flying through the night on my way to Argentina!

I'm really excited, but I know I have a lot of stuff to get together still. I need to find my flight and get a bunch of information for CEA approval and for the office of study abroad's approval here at USC. I don't want to think about all that paperwork right now though.

Instead, I'll tell you all how excited I am, still. Of course. It's not constantly on my mind, anymore, but it frequently appears there because a lot of course work I'm doing relates to it. In Spanish class we just did politics and social changes as a chapter, and I'm doing a presentation on one of the most famous Argentines, Evita Perón. In my conversational Spanish class, I've commonly been seen freaking out about how American I sound, etc. but my teacher has calmed my nerves because I'm starting to realize that when I'm confident about what I'm saying, I sound really good. Hopefully my time in Argentina will only improve that feeling.

So, I don't really have a lot to share - life has been AWESOME and I'm realizing how much I feel like I'll be missing out on something amazing here en los EEUU (that's the abbreviation for United States, or Estados Unidos), but I know I'll have something more amazing that I wouldn't want to give up for the world. At the same time, I just spoke today (for the first time in a while) with my friends, Stephanie and Holly, about their recent adventures; it makes me VERY jealous to hear, but I bet they'll feel the same way when I'm abroad and they aren't any longer.

For now, though, I am going to concentrate on school and watching the Olympics (Go Team USA!). I hope that when I'm in Argentina I'll become a big fútbol fan, so I at least have a sport to care about - seeing as I'll be missing out on the Red Sox!

http://traveler.nationalgeographic.com/2010/03/feature/buenos-aires-text/1
Here's a link to a very interesting article about many different aspects of life in Buenos Aires - fashion, food, nightlife, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment