Wednesday, July 28, 2010

There's a "Study" to Study Abroad? .. Oh.

I started my regular semester classes yesterday - I'm taking 5.
So far, they are:
1. Cultural Studies of Latin Americans
2. Advanced Spanish
3. Gender in Latin America (taught in a historical perspective, and in English)
4. History of Latin America in the 20th Century
5. Tango: The Expression of Buenos Aires

The first two are Monday and Wednesday, and the others are Tuesday and Thursday. So far, I love the first two, and I'm really glad. Today I had the other three and I wasn't too impressed. Our professor for Gender realized that not many people had taken Gender or history courses before, and said that she would teach "the basics," which I've already taken as a Women and Gender Studies Minor, so I'm not sure if I'll stick with it.
Then I had history, and as I explained to my loving father, I would prefer to have a teach who is a jerk, but a good lecturer, than have a bad lecturer who could be my best friend. And this professor went on a rant and then when the 90 minutes had past was confused as to why we were all packed up and the new class was walking into the room. So we didn't talk about the syllabus at all or even whether or not we have a book to buy... But my roommate, Kelsey, told me her friend took him and that he was the best professor he had at University of Belgrano, so I'm unsure.

And finally, Tango. Uh, I can't dance. Part of this class is dancing. It's going to be miserable, and I wanted to take Contemporary Argentine Art which everyone says is REALLY COOL, and instead I chose tango, and now I don't know what to do. I'll have to re-evaluate.

But, I don't really have much to say. I just wanted to let you all know how my classes are going. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment